posted : 12 November, 2018
job type : Full Time
FIRE FIGHTER PROFILE (deadline: 18/11/2018)
- using and maintaining firefighting and rescue equipment
- promoting fire safety via talks, advice and training sessions
- inspecting and enforcing safety standards in commercial properties
- demonstrating the use of firefighting equipment
- performing practice drills
- Working with police and ambulance service personnel and emergency team.
- undertaking physical and academic training
- checking and maintaining fire truck, equipment, hydrants and water supplies
- operate fire truck
- Have clear knowledge of fire hydrant use, extinguishers, fire pump, operate fire truck foam, water and dry powder, fire hose reels and valves.
- Carry out site inspection to identify fire hazards, assess risk of fire and initiate prompt response.
- Liaise with various authorities to mitigate fire risk
- Conduct fire risk assessment and communicate standards.
- Report writing and maintain relevant fire maintenance documentation and records.
Minimum HND/Diploma or equivalent and certification in firefighting from a reputable institution
Must possess a category C driver license with minimum 3 years driving experience operating heavy truck/firefighting truck.
Minimum 3 years hand on experience in similar position
Bilingual _ proficiency in English and French
Must be physically fit to work as fire fighter.
- Effective communication skills..
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Confidence and resilience.
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Self-driven, pro-active, autonomous and reliable