· Coordinate sales activities and oversee execution of agreed strategies to meet customer needs, enhance brand equity and ultimately increase revenue generation for DCC in the assigned region within the country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop and oversee the execution of sales strategies to meet assigned revenue and target metric objectives within the assigned region.
· Participate in goal-setting activities for the region and agree goals with Sales Officers and the Head of Sales & Marketing.
· Develop work plans for the region with clear approach for adoption by the Sales Officers.
· Coordinate the day-to-day activities of Sales Officers and sales teams in the assigned region and ensure alignment with the company’s objectives.
· Proactively identify and make recommendations to the Head of Sales & Marketing on potential revenue streams and customer needs.
· Periodically review performance of the Area Managers against set targets.
· Monitor sales performance in assigned region and ensure development of effective strategies to address shortfalls.
· Develop and manage relationships with key customers in the assigned region and maintain long-term relationships with strategic clients.
· Oversee the management of the region’s customer database to support sales initiatives.
· Provide support to Area Managers in resolution of escalated sales and/ or customer related issues.
· Coordinate with the marketing team and ensure implementation of promotional activities for the region.
· Evaluate market trends and gather competitive information, identify trends that effect current and future growth of regional sales and profitability.
· Conduct demand planning and forecasting to manage and ensure product availability for customers always.
· Develop and implement tactics and strategies for distributor loyalty.
· Oversee the preparation of annual budget for the assigned region and monitor its implementation.
· Authorise expenses for the sales region in line with approved budget and manual of authority.
· Collate periodic reports from Sales Officers for review and submission for DCC Management information and decision.
· Perform any other duties assigned by the Head of Sales and Marketing.
Education and Work Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in sales, marketing, business administration or a related discipline.
· Post-graduate degree in sales or marketing.
· Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience with at least three (3) years in a middle management position.
· Work experience in the northern Cameroon.
Skills and Behaviours
· In-depth understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
· Sound knowledge of DCC’s product and service offerings.
· Very good understanding of sales planning, modelling and business performance analysis.
· Very good understanding of micro and macroeconomic environment, relevant indices, trends and their impact on DCC’s business.
· Very good knowledge of retail/ distributor planning.
· Excellent leadership, networking and people management skills.
· Ability to manage budgets and perform financial analysis.
· Very strong negotiation and relationship management skills.
· Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
· Ability to think strategically and holistically.
· Very good project management and organisational skills.
· High level of integrity and a trust-worthy personality.
· Very good analytical and problem-solving skills.
Deadline: January 06, 2019