posted : 12 November, 2019
job type : Full Time
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and oversee the execution of sales strategies to meet assigned revenue and target metric objectives within the assigned region.
• Participate in goal-setting activities for the region and agree goals with Sales Officers and the Head of Sales & Marketing.
• Develop work plans for the region with clear approach for adoption by the Sales Officers.
• Coordinate the day-to-day activities of Sales Officers and sales teams in the assigned region and ensure alignment with the company’s objectives.
• Proactively identify and make recommendations to the Head of Sales & Marketing on potential revenue streams and customer needs.
• Periodically review performance of the Area Managers against set targets.
• Monitor sales performance in assigned region and ensure development of effective strategies to address shortfalls.
• Develop and manage relationships with key customers in the assigned region and maintain long-term relationships with strategic clients.
• Oversee the management of the region’s customer database to support sales initiatives.
• Provide support to Area Managers in resolution of escalated sales and/ or customer related issues.
• Coordinate with the marketing team and ensure implementation of promotional activities for the region.
• Evaluate market trends and gather competitive information, identify trends that effect current and future growth of regional sales and profitability.
• Conduct demand planning and forecasting to manage and ensure product availability for customers always.
• Develop and implement tactics and strategies for distributor loyalty.
• Oversee the preparation of annual budget for the assigned region and monitor its implementation.
Education and Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in sales, marketing, business administration or a related discipline.
• Post-graduate degree in sales or marketing.
• Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience with at least three (3) years in a middle management position.
Skills and Behaviours
• In-depth understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
• Sound knowledge of DCC’s product and service offerings.
• Very good understanding of sales planning, modelling and business performance analysis.
• Very good understanding of micro and macroeconomic environment, relevant indices, trends and their impact on DCC’s business.
• Very good knowledge of retail/ distributor planning.
• Excellent leadership, networking and people management skills.
• Ability to manage budgets and perform financial analysis.
• Very strong negotiation and relationship management skills.
• Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
• Ability to think strategically and holistically.
• Very good project management and organizational skills.
• High level of integrity and a trust-worthy personality.
• Very good analytical and problem-solving skills.
Deadline for receiving applications: November 17, 2019.